Who Can Help Me Remove Muddy Water And Repair Flood Damage In My Everett Home After A Storm?
SERVPRO Can Aid You In Restoring Your Home After A Storm Strikes Your Everett Neighborhood
Excessive rains that pour down quickly can cause moisture to enter your home through a weakness in your structure like old or faulty door and window seals. Any water entering your house from the outside can cause you problems with your house's structural components as well as contaminate your living area with potentially harmful bacteria, parasites, and fungi.
How Can You Remove Water Once It Has Entered My Home From The Outside?
Our SERVPRO flood damage technicians in Everett can start removing moisture from your house by implementing extraction equipment. If there are more than two inches of standing water, we can use a submersible pump to pull the majority of the liquid off of your floors and into a sewage drain. If your carpets got wet from moisture coming from the outside, we must remove them and any other porous materials due to the possibility of contamination.
What Wet Items In My House Will Have To Be Thrown Away?
• Flooring Materials: Since the moisture could be contaminated, we must remove porous items such as your carpet, pad, and in some cases, other flooring materials like linoleum if it got saturated.
• Drywall: If your wall coverings got wet, we could have to remove all of it or a portion of it by conducting a "flood cut" a foot or two from your floors.
How Can You Save The Other Wet Items?
• Drying: Our SERVPRO technicians can set up dehumidifiers and air movers to dry out your wet building materials.
• Air Scrubbing: We can set up a containment chamber in the affected area with an air scrubber attached to it that can remove harmful airborne microorganisms.
• Cleaning and Sanitization: Once your structure is dry, we can clean and sanitize the affected areas with disinfectants that can help eliminate any harmful pathogens.
If your house ever suffers from the effects of a vicious storm that strikes your Paine Field or Silver Lake neighborhood, call SERVPRO of South Everett at (425) 367-4484.
For more about Everett click here.