Breathe Easy This Spring: Why You Should Clean Your HVAC System
Spring is finally here, and it’s time to open up those windows and let in some fresh air. As you embark on cleaning your home this spring, don’t forget about your HVAC system.
According to the EPA, pollutant levels inside can be two to five times higher than outdoors. The ventilation system is often the largest contributor to poor indoor air quality. Many systems go a long time before being inspected and cleaned. Your dirty vents might be circulating odors, mold and irritating dust throughout your home.
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency reports that contaminants or foreign objects such as rodents, insects, dust, dirt, debris, bacteria, mold and pollen can enter and collect in your air ducts. These may harm the indoor air quality of your home or cause other damages to your HVAC system.
Cleaning your HVAC system is no easy task, and we can help. SERVPRO® of North Everett/ Lake Stevens/ Monroe offers heating, ventilation and air conditioning unit (HVAC) inspections and cleaning. Especially after fire, smoke or suspected mold growth, duct cleaning is essential to improve the air quality in your home.
Why Pick SERVPRO of South Everett?
Unlike the majority of duct cleaning services, we use a Portable Ventilation & Air Duct Cleaning System to examine ductwork and sweep clean years of dust and grime.
This system allows us to:
- Remediate Bacteria, Fungi and Mold
- Reduce Potential for Mold Growth
- Restore Peak Energy Efficiency
- Eliminate Offensive Odors
- Provide Free Written Inspections and Estimates
Our Duct Cleaning Process works like this:
- First, we use patented equipment, such as the roto-scraper, which automatically adapts to the duct’s shape and diameter while traveling through the duct, removing debris and filth before vacuuming begins.
- Next, a powerful push-pull air delivery and collection system transfers the debris from the ducting to a 16-gallon container.
- Air is filtered through a HEPA filtration system, removing 99.97 percent of particles in the airstream. HEPA filters capture debris and keep the environment clean.
- As an optional process, a sealant or coating product may be sprayed to address odor or microbial concerns.
- Filters will either be cleaned or replaced to remove odor and dirt.
Keeping your HVAC system and ductwork clean is key in ensuring good air quality in your home. Protect your family from polluted air this spring and set up an inspection today.
If you have other cleaning needs, SERVPRO® of South Everett provides a variety of cleaning services. Click here to learn more about our cleaning services, or give us a call at 425-367-4484.